[MPlayer-dev-eng] Where to free loose memory?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Sep 27 08:04:47 CEST 2004

Attila Kinali wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 07:33:18AM +0300, Jan Knutar wrote:
>
>> Hm. I've been using mplayer as my main mp3 player for a few weeks
>> now, as other mp3 players have regressed into an almost unusable
>> state, sadly.
>
> Well... join the club :/
>
> I thought a few times to strip mplayer apart and make an mp3 player
> out of it, but i was always too lazy to do it.

I do most of my MP3 playing from the command line, but rarely use
MPlayer for that purpose because of program's excessive console
verbosity. If it were possible to have the text output be cut down to no
more than four to six lines (with a command-line option, of course),
while still leaving the status line, I'd probably switch over and not
look back.

(Hmm. Actually, the player I do use has another feature I don't remember
being in MPlayer: the ability to say either "play all specified files in
random order endlessly", or "play all specified files in random order
once each". MPlayer can currently do the latter, with -shuffle, but not
the former; I don't often use the former, but it's nice to have it
there.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.