[MPlayer-dev-eng] Documentation bug re win32 codecs

Mr Allwyn Fernandes mhu at stobor.net
Sun Sep 26 00:38:13 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I've created a patch for the issue described here
http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2004-September/048013.html

This patch does several things:
* updates configure to add /usr/local/lib/codecs into the search path for
Win32, Xanim, and RealPlayer libraries, to match the documentation.
* Changes the configure error message when Win32 codecs are not found.
* updates DOCS/xml/*/install.html changing the references
'/usr/local/lib/codecs' to '$PREFIX/lib/codecs' and '/usr/local/etc/mplayer'
to '$PREFIX/etc/mplayer'
* updates README making a similar change to the one above.

This patch does NOT change the references to /usr/local/lib/codecs in
DOCS/xml/*/codecs.html, because those explicitly state that that is the
DEFAULT install directory. (However, since this directory is now always
checked, this is a non-issue.)

I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC me in on any feedback to this
patch.

Cheers,

Allwyn.