[MPlayer-dev-eng] Submitting new video filter: logo

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Sep 26 02:40:10 CEST 2004

On Sunday, 26 September 2004 at 01:31, Julien Laurent wrote:
> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
>
> >I believe the bmovl filter already does the same (and much more).
>
> Hmm, didn't see that one, right.
>
> Anyway, I don't think it works the same. Consider you are the average
> user and just want to add a little logo with mencoder. Would it be
> simple (if ever possible -- bmovl is not available on Windows) to create
> a named pipe and send commands and raw RGB data over there?
>
> The filter I proposed reads the logo from an image file (using libpng or
> ImageMagick) and just adds it to the video stream. See Transcode's
> 'logo' filter, it doesn't need complicated things either.

You're right, it might be quite useful and it is indeed far less
complicated to use than bmovl. Hell, it will even be possible to add
a logo while playing a movie with mplayer with your filter. ;)

> If this list is not the right place, please redirect me.

It is. As Diego said: be patient, please.

R.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer/