[MPlayer-dev-eng] mms:// saying "Core dumped ;)"

Julián Nuñez julian at proteger.org.ar
Sat Sep 25 01:24:31 CEST 2004

Hi.
Sorry about I getting in this conversation, I don't want to flame or
something like that, but I think these are valid ideas...

rcooley wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:18:09 -0400
>D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:
>

>>At the very least we need:
>>AO & VO drivers.
>>Audio and video codec selected (and fourcc).
>>Audio params: samplerate, samplesize, channels.
>>Video params: dimensions, aspect, colorspace, fps.
>>Bitrates, if known.
>>Any audio or video filters in use.
>>

>Umm...  Why?  They can watch the movie just fine without knowing that
>info.  That could all be made available if "-v" is specified.

Well, IF this is all about not having mails saying "Hey why it says core
dumped? Is that an error?" then this is not the way to go, because you
will now get a lot of mails saying "Hey, how can I see the video and
audio codecs of my video??" or "How can I know what VO is being used??".
And I think that wanting to know what VO is used, or what video format
the video is, is a less advanced use that "Wanting to dump the audio
stream".

Lets face it, a dumb user WILL send stupid mails to the list, no matter
what. Because he will not even care to see the man page.
And if this is about not having to say "That's a joke", then you are
adding the "Use -v" answer, isn't that correct?.
Anyway, just ideas.
Take care.