[MPlayer-dev-eng] Opportunity for list members (w/ attach)

Daniel Serpell daniel_serpell at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 01:12:11 CEST 2004

Hi!

El Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 05:53:29PM -0400, Jeff Gladnick escribio:

> Well lets say the system is already on, but power is completely cut to
> the LCD.  Basically I want a box that can be popped in and out as
> quickly as possible.  We had some other ideas, laser from wall to wall,
> pressure sensor, etc.  However, the camera is already built into the
> system and I figure that would be cheaper in the long run.  I am still
> open to other ideas.

It probably will be cheaper (using the camera), and if your power budget
allows it, I think that the best bet.

[...]
> Li-ion has the best size to power ration, especially compared to
> lead-acid.  Also, how many cycles can you get out of lead acid?  Does
> anyone know?  They are also extremely heavy and may have some tramway
> board issues about added weight.

Sealed lead-acid have a very long life (see the one in your car, every
time you start the car a lot of energy is used). Also, they are about
twice as large and trice as heavier than equivalent Li-Ion, but cheaper.

        Daniel.