[MPlayer-dev-eng] Opportunity for list members (w/ attach)

Jeff Gladnick jeff at snorhino.com
Tue Sep 21 21:14:10 CEST 2004

Very interesting.  Well perhaps I will put it to you (and the rest of
the list).

My goal is close to dvd quality graphics on a 10.4 LCD screen.  Power
consumption is a huge factor, since the device WILL be powered by
batteries, recharged nitely.  Hard drive space is ~ 40 gigs, so space
isn't too huge of an issue, considering there shouldnt be more then 2
hours or so of video total.

I initally picked the via ve5000 board because it was extremely low in
power usage, and in their own power consumption guide
(http://www.viavpsd.com/product/3/4/EPIA%20M%20Operating%20Guidelines%20Versi
on%201.30.pdf) they listed one of the uses as DVD playback, which i
assumed meant it could handle mpeg2 video playback.

I may have misunderstood.  Your opinions are welcome!

Jeff Gladnick
SnoRhino Snowboard Footrests
http://www.SnoRhino.com
Office: (856) 269-9324 (Temporary Line)