[MPlayer-dev-eng] Opportunity for list members (w/ attach)

Jeff Gladnick jeff at snorhino.com
Tue Sep 21 19:43:02 CEST 2004

Perhaps I have misunderstood the problem then.  I probably should have
used the words open source, or free. Let me re-iterate

1) My goal is to use software that will not require us to pay expensive
fees (ie microsoft) which we cannot afford

2) I am not married to mpeg-2, and xvid perhaps may be a better choice,
it was just the first one that popped in my head.  Also, the VIA board
seemed to support mpeg2 very well.

3) I am not married to the via board either, however, it does have
EXCELLENT power usage requirements.  Since this system is runnning on
batteries, that is a HUGE factor.  I am open to other hardware options,
but a great deal of emphasis must be placed on power usage.

Jeff Gladnick
SnoRhino Snowboard Footrests
http://www.SnoRhino.com
Office: (856) 269-9324 (Temporary Line)