[MPlayer-dev-eng] [beth.blankenship at viametrix.com: RE: Use ofMplayer with Vivian video distribution]

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Sep 21 11:54:40 CEST 2004

Attila Kinali writes:
> On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 02:10:32AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > Beth Blankenship writes:
> > > The idea was to set up an account here in the US and allow cash to be drawn
> > > against it locally by the developer(s).
> >
> > Probably this is possible, but why not simply make a wire transfer?
>
> I can tell you why: the US lives in the stone age concering the banking
> system. Dont compare anything you see in europe, even east europe to
> what can be found else where.

Probably true.  I was in a similar situation with Rich when he sent me
a cheque for the donation to Alex.  I wondered why he would send me a
cheque and he wondered what I was wondering about.  That one made it
two cheques that I have cashed in in my whole life, they have been
officially deprecated here in Germany and are only used in some very,
very rare cases.

Anyway, this is getting offtopic..

Diego