[MPlayer-dev-eng] mms:// saying "Core dumped ;)"

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Mon Sep 20 17:59:32 CEST 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 11:30:12AM -0400, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 04:21:44PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> > Hi,

> > > maybe we could rename it to MSGTR_CoreDumpJoke so that people who
> > > actually bother to read the source over this will have _some_ hope of
> > > figuring out that it was a joke... :)
> >
> > Or it's time to ask Diego to do some re-wording on that.
> > For example: "Congratulations! The stream has been successfully saved
> > for your entertrainment. Enjoy, and dont forget to donate!"
>
> no, i'm strongly in favor of keeping the message. we could just put a
> filter rule on the mailing list to bounce mails containing the string
> "Core dumped ;)" with a message: "you are stupid!"

No, we need to setup a filter that intercepts those mails and asks them
for their bank account numbers.  Then each of the poor devs on the list
will get these in turn, so we can share the wealth.

When we finish emptying their bank accounts, we'll send a confirmation
message that says "Bank core dumped."

--Joey

--
"Of the seven dwarves, the only one who shaved was Dopey.
That should tell us something about the wisdom of shaving."