[MPlayer-dev-eng] A strange A-V sync problem of MPlayer-1.0-pre5 ported on ARM920

Xu Guangyi xuguangyi at 126.com
Sun Sep 19 12:41:00 CEST 2004

Hi all:
     I have just finished a porting of MPlayer-1.0pre5 on Motorola DragonBall MX1 ADS ,the MPU is ARM920 core, with arm-linux-2.4.18 as kernel.
     I use libmad build for ARM-optimize as the MP3 decode, and ffmpeg's libavcodec as the video decoder.

     But, When I use the command like this to play a MP3 file on my board:
 "$mplayer testMP3.mp3 "
     the sound I hear from my speaker was so fast than normal speed...
     but when I add "-quiet" after it, the speed is OK.
     Why ??  the '-quiet' argument is so strange that the speed of MP3 play will "obey it" ????

     So, I play a old-divx AVI file later. but this time, the video speed is OK with a so fast speed of audio sound like MP3 play without '-quiet':
 " $mplayer testAVI.avi -quiet  "

    with the command like below, I can not see the video output, and the sound is  very fast too.
 "$mplayer testAVI.avi -quiet -framedrop"

   I think I will be mad, for the command below, because the video is OK.
 "$mplayer testAVI.avi -quiet -framedrop -nosound"

 when I get-off '-quiet', the output message is :

 the A-V sync was so bad....

  so, what's wrong with my mplayer ???
                              thank you very much.