[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] fixing SUB_SELECT

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Sep 18 19:05:28 CEST 2004

Hey,

> 2) We want only one subtitle source at a time.

That's what I'd prefer. If mplayer had a proper subtitle queue then
there would (probably) be only one, too.

> Then sub_select would increment the sub source id, check indices array
> to decide where the new subtitles should come from, then enable them,
> very similar to the SUB_SELECT block in CVS right now.  The difference
> is just that this would use a numbering system that encompasses all
> of the different formats.

Sounds fine to me. SUB_SELECT should just switch through all available
subs wherever they come from, so I agree with what you're proposing. I
think the order is more or less important:

1) The subs chosen with -sub or -vobsub,
2) The subs from the container,
3) The subs found automatically by trying different extensions.

But maybe that's just me ;)

Mosu