[MPlayer-dev-eng] [beth.blankenship at viametrix.com: RE: Use ofMplayer with Vivian video distribution]

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sat Sep 18 16:28:20 CEST 2004

Michael Niedermayer writes:

> On Friday 17 September 2004 02:10, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > Beth Blankenship writes:
> > > The idea was to set up an account here in the US and allow cash to be
> > > drawn against it locally by the developer(s).
> >
> > Probably this is possible, but why not simply make a wire transfer?
>
> or buy some hardware from an (hungarian or european or austrian) online shop
> and let them ship it to the developer
>
> > > What cities are the developers in?
> >
> > Alex is in Szeged, Michael I don't know.  Michael, where do you live?
>
> vienna, but i think alex would be the better choice for mplayer specific work,
> furthermore AFAIK alex has no internet connection at home, so a few euros
> would probably help him, and mplayer in general more

Attila, Rich and myself have donated Alex about 70 euros each to
sponsor his internet access.  Alex said it was enough to get started
and wanted to setup some sort of wireless long-range connection to his
university.  Alex, you told you planned to have it working sometime in
September, how are you progressing?  Would some more money/hardware
help you?

Michael, you have a bigger harddrive for your notebook and/or a faster
notebook in your wishlist on the donations page.  Maybe this would be
a good moment to get it.

Beth does this sound reasonable to you?

Diego