[MPlayer-dev-eng] 2-pass encoding with vqscale=2 on first pass

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at ifsic.univ-rennes1.fr
Fri Sep 17 22:43:15 CEST 2004

Hi there,
As you probably know, I'm working on an encoding option for lavc called
"turbo" mode, which is supposed to boost encoding time while preserving
quality as much as possible.
While I've looked at libmpcodecs/ve_lavc.c which is the front-end of
lavc for encoding, I saw how easy it could be to have fixed-quand  first
pass automatically.
>From my experiments, and from what is written in
DOCS/tech/encoding-tips.txt it looks like a good idea to do so.

...So should it be made default?

Regards,
Guillaume