[MPlayer-dev-eng] svn repo for testing

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Sep 17 06:21:02 CEST 2004

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 06:14:25PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> > Lukas (a friend of mine) just set up a svn repo for us.
> > https://svn.projectdream.org/projects/mplayer/
> which version? does it still use database for storing data on server?

attila at arisu:/$ svn --version
svn, version 1.0.4 (r9844)
   compiled Jun 13 2004, 15:37:10

I guess the server is the same version. Yes, it uses a DB.

> > I just put the MPlayer source up, which i cleaned from the CVS
>
> you mean checkin'ing a fresh source checkout, or a proper import
> of whole cvs repository data including history and logs?

Just the source. Quick and dirty :)

> > Note: THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL REPO AND JUST FOR TESTING.
>
> anyway LGB already made the same (set up svn and import mplayer cvs)
> on mphq years ago, but we found svn unreliable that time.

years ago ? Well, time passes ;)

> > BTW: Please dont make too big commits (like the whole source tree),
> > it fucks up the server (which is an UML running on a underpowered box).
> rotfl
> even a 386 should be enough to handle a cvs commit, what is
> svn doing then?

It was not svn itself (otherwise we wouldnt have the sources in the
repo now), but the script that produces the mail. It couldnt swallow
the whole source :)
Dunno why, dont exactly know what his setup is (the mail script is
something external).

			Attila Kinali