[MPlayer-dev-eng] Patch: Low latency audio enhancements

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Sep 16 03:52:18 CEST 2004

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 04:53:38AM +0300, Jan Knutar wrote:

> Yes, that is another issue, however, that is different from the current issue
> of 2 frag buffers and mplayer simply sleeping too long.
>
> I'd hate to think about when video decoding takes longer than audio buffer
> time :/

But you have to, it's actualy the most important part.
Playing a video with more then just enough CPU and I/O power is not
hard, anyone can do that, even wmp. Playing a file at the edge is very
hard, as sometimes the video steps over it. Not to fall down is all what
matters in this case.

			Attila Kinali