[MPlayer-dev-eng] on breaking up patches ...

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Sep 14 19:50:52 CEST 2004

Ivan Kalvachev writes:
> Hmm.
>
> Diego, have you lost your mind? Or you are drunk?

Seems like I'm just having problems getting my point across.

> There is strictly requirement - one patch for one thing.

Yes, but not two patches for one thing.

> One patch cannot change 2 different things. And
> there should not be 2+ patches for one thing.

But there are.  And this is what I was talking about.  If several
things are changed they should go to different patches in different
mails.

So let me try to say this clearly:

- one patch per issue
- one patch per mail

> Apply patch time is not issue.

Anyway, I hope this clarifies.  Patch submitters should try to make
reviewing and applying patches easy for us.

Diego