[MPlayer-dev-eng] Funny things with Doxygen

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Sep 12 03:31:02 CEST 2004

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 04:29:59AM +0200, Ivo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> With my last patch I tried to conform with the new code documentation rules
> and hence started to play around a bit with doxygen. I noticed some
> peculiar behaviour. My main focus is on the libvo directory and its
> contents, so I my examples will be based on that, but I'm quite sure the
> same problems will occur in libaf, libmpcodecs, et cetera.
>
> I did make doxygen and viewed the resulting HTML code.
>
> I noticed a lot of functions within certain vo_* drivers had the SDL
> comments for all of their standard functions, like preinit, config, et
> cetera. But, and that's really weird, not all vo_*.c files had. Some had no
> comments at all, while others _did_ had the SDL remarks, while making no
> sense at all ofcourse.
>
> It got worse. I added a test comment to config() in vo_jpeg.c and for some
> vo_*.c files doxygen copied the SDL comments, for others it copied my test
> comment and for some it still had no comments at all.

This is a known and documented issue with doxygen. It cannot handle
functions with the same name well. The docu says that it takes always
the first occurence, but as you say it's not always true. I added fixing
doxygen for our purpose to my todo list (my todo list length is slowly
getting into diego like dimensions).

			Attila Kinali