[MPlayer-dev-eng] PTS/DTS

Kenny (Constantine Shulyupin) kenny at aoe6.net
Wed Sep 8 11:59:10 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 07 September 2004 21:01, Karl Wood wrote:
> Kenny
>
> I lurk here. I seldom post, but I have made a very slight difference
> to MPlayer. I don't expect any of the developers to know who I am or
> even care. I care about MPlayer and the GPL.
>
> You ask here because you say you work with mplayer. If you don't know
> about timestamps or AV sync, and you don't address concerns about the
> GPL when you are working with hardware that is proprietary, and given
> that your posts are terse and therefore ambiguous ... I am suspicious.
>
> Please say, in a little more detail, what exactly are you developing
> for mplayer, and will your contribution be available under the GPL?
>
> Karl

Hi Karl.

I develop vo, ao drivers to em8605 chip, and this drivers will be GPL.
I have property driver for that chip, it'll be not GPL.
Also I make a lot of changes to mplayer code to decoding, a,v, a-v timing and
synchronization, because I see, mplayer not yet friendly for accelerated a-v
chips. My current changes are not yet suitable for patching mplayer
repository. If you or somebody else want to see what I had done, I can send
you patches now.

Thank you for GPL care.
Kenny.