[MPlayer-dev-eng] vo_x11_sizehint and fullscreen

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Mon Sep 6 13:03:18 CEST 2004

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 05:31:39PM +0900, Attila Kinali wrote:
> Moin,
>
> I just stumbled over a strange bug while i wanted to watch da capo.
> When switching to fullscreen, i got a window that was a few pixels to
> short and thus a bit of the taskbar of icewm was still visible. While
> trying to find out what's going on i found the following:
>
> xwininfo on the root window:
> ---
> xwininfo: Window id: 0x48 (the root window) (has no name)
>
>   Absolute upper-left X:  0
>   Absolute upper-left Y:  0
>   Relative upper-left X:  0
>   Relative upper-left Y:  0
>   Width: 1024
>   Height: 768
> [...]
>   -geometry 1024x768+0+0
> ---
>
> xwininfo on the fullscreen mplayer window:
> ---
> xwininfo: Window id: 0x1e00002 "MPlayer"
>
>   Absolute upper-left X:  0
>   Absolute upper-left Y:  0
>   Relative upper-left X:  0
>   Relative upper-left Y:  0
>   Width: 1360
>   Height: 765
> [...]
>   Corners:  +0+0  --336+0  --336-3  +0-3
>   -geometry 1360x765+0+0
> ---
>
> Yes, it's true, the MPlayer window is a lot wider than the screen
> itself, but a little bit shorter. More interstingly, i get a correct
> sized fullscreen window if i start with -fs and even toggling between
> fullscreen and windowed mode doesnt change it.

With icewm-lite debian package ( version 1.2.13+CVS20040510-1 ) I don't
have any problems. The size is also correct screen size when in fs.
I know there were some problems with EWMH and IceWM but as far as i can
tell they are fixed by now.

Anyway, it may be fixed soon and maybe even without size hint after all
as I'm reworking Fabian's fullscreen method atm. There are still some
minor issues but I expect it to be working soon.

  Alex (beastd)