[MPlayer-dev-eng] configure --force-option (was --enable-gif)

Mark Lanett mlanett at parrotchat.net
Sun Sep 5 21:01:55 CEST 2004

From: "The Wanderer" <inverseparadox at comcast.net>
> Ivan Kalvachev wrote:

> > The usual argument I use is "If configure test fails do you think
> > that the real code will compile?".

In some situations, yes. Particularly when cross-compiling, because
MPlayer's configure tests don't work in this situation. In my case, I've
already verified that the items configure fails to determine either are Ok,
or I work around them later in my build script.

I have a single copy of MPlayer's sources checked into our own sources, and
scripts which build it for various platforms, starting with configure and
then fixing it up. I disable most features, except for the very few I need
(this is for an embedded platform). So I would also find the --disable-all
to be useful, but less important since I only get new sources when I update
manually.

~mark