[MPlayer-dev-eng] configure --force-option (was --enable-gif)

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Sep 6 06:34:57 CEST 2004

Torinthiel wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 08:26:57PM +0300, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:

>> Actually I would propose so:
>>
>> option=auto-no; #when
>> --force-*)  option=yes;
>> --enable-*) option=auto-yes;
>> --disable-*)option=no;
>
> That's what I was proposing ;)

For what it's worth, I reflexively don't like this, because it changes
the meaning of the --enable-* flags. I'm not entirely opposed to adding
a flag to mean "use autodetection to decide", although such a thing
would be almost useless unless things are disabled en masse (either
because that is the new default - which I also woiuldn't like - or
because of a flag such as is proposed elsewhere, --disable-all), but I
am opposed to changing --enable-* to mean that.

> And I quite liked the idea of changing the default with one option.

It sounded good, if possibly more work than it would be worth, to me as
well.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.