[MPlayer-dev-eng] printf -> mp_msg conversion (etc.), first patches

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Sep 6 01:44:57 CEST 2004

The Wanderer writes:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>
> > How about:
> >
> > 13. Do not use printf for console output, use our own mp_msg functions instead.
> >     For the output to be translated (and all messages below level MSGL_HINT
> >     should be translated), put the strings in help/help_mp-en.h. If you change
> >     strings, remove the occurrences of this string from the translations, there
> >     may be trouble if it remains in place and translators will pick it up more
> >     easily this way.
>
> Leaving aside a few pause-related nitpicks, this seems to me to say that
> messages of MSGL_HINT should not be translated; is that true? If not,
> I'd suggest something like "messages of MSGL_HINT and below".

Next try:

13. Do not use printf for console output, use our own mp_msg functions instead.
    For the output to be translated (all messages of level MSGL_HINT and below
    should be translated), put the strings in help/help_mp-en.h. If you change
    strings, remove the occurrences of these strings from the translations,
    there may be trouble if it remains in place and translators will pick
    it up more easily this way.

Diego