[MPlayer-dev-eng] configure --force-option (was --enable-gif)

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sun Sep 5 18:54:37 CEST 2004

Hi,

> The usual argument I use is "If configure test fails do you think that
> the real code will compile?".

I've had this case with the TV code. Configure didn't want to detect it,
but --enable-video4l (or whatever it's called) forced it on, and yes it
did compile. Granted, that could have been a bug in that particular
configure test, but with autoconf I would have to modify
configure.in/.ac in such a case...

Mosu