[MPlayer-dev-eng] configure --force-option (was --enable-gif)

Torinthiel torinthiel at megapolis.pl
Sun Sep 5 18:02:54 CEST 2004

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 11:16:15AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> I can easily see how this is an undesirable result; I like the current
> "--enable means enable" system, I don't want my computer assuming it
> knows better than I do, but I can also see how it can cause people
> problems. I don't see any way to fix those problems which does not
> involve making things not be autodetected by default, but...

True, if you are making a distribution it can be a bit of pain.
sed -e'1224,1343s/auto/no/' configure
Numbers could be a bit extended, so that if anyone messes a bit with new
options script would catch up automatically.

But a common user (and we are aiming at them AFAIK) should be able to do
./configure and have everything he has built in, not spending hours
trying to guess what he can build and what he cannot. Distribution
managers are required to do some extra work ;)
Torinthiel

--
 Waclaw "Torinthiel" Schiller       GG#: 542916, 3073512
   torinthiel(at)megapolis(dot)pl