[MPlayer-dev-eng] Series of mplayer crashes

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Thu Sep 2 13:59:22 CEST 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 17:53:39 -0400, Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at tiscali.it> wrote:

>  Hi,
> first you should make sure that the decoders are receiving the right
> data, so
> if you dump audio and video separately with:
>  mplayer -dumpvideo -dumpfile video.m2v <STREAM>
> mplayer -dumpaudio -dumpfile audio.mp2 <STREAM>
>  and play them what happens?
> Are the two streams identical to the original file demuxed?
>         Nico

No, they are corrupt.

A couple of data points:

(1) Even, playing the mpeg ts stream from disk, a/v sync is
     not held. I want to test this again though, to be sure
     that I have your previous network.c/demux_ts.c fixes in.

(2) Sometimes it will play the rtsp stream with ok video and
     audio, but a/v sync rarely holds.

I've uploaded the original content, and some logs to:

http://www.bqbsoftware.ie/mplayer_rtsp_bug/

Thanks for your help. I'm willing to keep going with this until
we find the problems.

Dermot.