[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer doesn't change aspect ratio when the input stream does

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer bero at arklinux.org
Tue Oct 26 22:26:35 CEST 2004

SSIA - if I pipe e.g. an MPEG-2 transport stream into mplayer and the stream
changes aspect ratio (e.g. a TV stream switches from a 4:3 show to a 16:9
show), mplayer still renders the picture correctly (so it must have seen the
resolution change), but the aspect ratio is distorted; simply restarting
mplayer results in the correct aspect ratio.

Since I know next to nothing about the way MPEG works, I have no idea where to
start looking for this problem - any hints?

LLaP
bero