[MPlayer-dev-eng] channel order (was: [ffdts] multichannel decode [patch])

Florian Dietrich flodt8 at yahoo.de
Sun Oct 17 21:02:07 CEST 2004

Hi,

 --- D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> this is definitely wrong. right now audio filters suck, but suppose
> you're filtering the audio and a filter needs to know which channel
> is which? it's totally broken for them to change between platforms.
> the only sane way to reorder is at the ao end.

True. Like I said, I don't know much about the inner workings of
mplayer. I guess we'll just let ao_dshow do the reordering then for
now, and hope the channels always come to us in the same order :-)

It might be a good idea to keep this problem in mind though, just in
case the af/ao layer gets a re-design in the future.

Florian