[MPlayer-dev-eng] Subtitles

Sun Oct 17 18:21:31 CEST 2004

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004, David Lamparter wrote:

DL>Already working at it :). Expect vf_asa & libasa to be done in some
DL>weeks (goal for 1.0 is full ASS support, no other formats yet. Parser
DL>and renderer are strictly separated, however, so that adding other
DL>formats will be pretty easy)

I wonder if the same renderer could be used for dvd subtitles? Right now
they suck because they don't even support color, and useful sub_step
function doesn't work for them. Unified subtitle engine would be
great...

Probably I will be able to help you with writing parsers to support
other subtitle formats, but there is no way I would touch renderer...

--

Vladimir