[MPlayer-dev-eng] What's difference between ve_xvid.c and ve_xvid4.c?

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at etudiant.univ-rennes1.fr
Sat Oct 16 11:22:24 CEST 2004

Le sam 16/10/2004 à 02:18, VJ a écrit :
> Hi,
>     I am trying to find why mencoder is slow under Fedora core 2 (11
> fps during first pass) in comparison to KnoppMyth R4V4(using kernel
> 2.4.xx and giving 23fps+ in first pass).

I suspect that you use different encoding options, or that the defaults
are different on KnoppMyth and FC. Maybe you should try to append
'turbo' to you encoding option line.

> I use XviD codec only and saw these files under libmpcodecs.
> May I know what these files are(as far as I can tell they are for
> encoding purposes) and which file is uses if I am using XviD 1.0.1?

These are the so-called "front-ends". They are supposed to get the
options you gave to XviD through mencoder command line, and give a
properly initialized structure (with respect to default encoding
parameters and your options) to XviD coded library.
Depending on the XviD version that you use, post-XviD-1.x.x use
ve_xvid4.c and pre (9.x and intermediate dev versions) use ve_xvid4.c

Now, you need to know that HTML mails aren't much appreciated here, so
should you post again here, please set your email client accordingly, or
switch to a decent one, from outlook to thunderbird or sylpheed maybe
;-)

Guillaume