[MPlayer-dev-eng] Subtitles

Piotr Stachura albert1 at autocom.pl
Fri Oct 15 11:29:15 CEST 2004

Hello,
I think that I join to correct mailing list. I'm not yet a developer but
I'd like to send a "wish list".
In win* there is a VobSub and it can read subtitles from avi files.
mplayer (version 1.0pre5) cannot see that subtitles and sometimes an avi
index it that files. I'd like to see subtitles without converting to ogm
or mkv.
Also I think that subtitle display is cool (alpha channel) and ugly (one
font without position and addons like bold, italic, color, etc.) I'd
like to correct that but I'm not yet a good programmer so I mail thit to
you.
Thanks about reading this, best wishes,
Piotr Stachura