[MPlayer-dev-eng] Can this be a basis of skip filter that I need

VJ vj at vijaygill.homelinux.net
Fri Oct 8 13:44:31 CEST 2004

Hi,
  I went thru docs and found some info about filters. Till now what I have
understood is that I may have to do something like following:

static int put_image(struct vf_instance_s* vf, mp_image_t *mpi){
    mp_image_t *dmpi;

    // hope we'll get DR buffer:
    dmpi=vf_get_image(vf->next,mpi->imgfmt,
	MP_IMGTYPE_TEMP, MP_IMGFLAG_ACCEPT_STRIDE,
	mpi->w, mpi->h);
    if( allow_frame_to_passthru(cur_frame) )
     return vf_next_put_image(vf,dmpi);
}

//where function allow_frame_to_passthru (int cur_frame) returns 0 or 1
depending on the fact that current frame can be sent to output or not,
thus dropping unwanted frames. The list of frames to be dropped can be
created during init of the filter (passed in the format
1,1000-1200,1500-1530 for example do remove frames 1, 1000 to 1200 and
then from 1500 to 1530.)

If I am on the right track, where  can I find more info on how to get
current frame number etc.

Thanks in advance
VJ