[MPlayer-dev-eng] new nut thread

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Fri Oct 8 00:27:27 CEST 2004

D Richard Felker III wrote:
> 2. index/keyframe/seeking changes
>
> proposed by michael
> i'm undecided
> alternate proposal by me, not sure if it's good or not

Can't it be tested using a proof of concept program?
> 3. keyframe backpointers at syncpoints
>
> proposed by me
> i'm unsure whether it's helpful or wasteful
same as before, looks interesting from my point of view, but if it
spoils the other advantages of nut, we could live w/out it.
> 5. merging info header with main/stream header, adding info streams
>
> proposed by me
> i don't think michael or anyone else has commented on it yet
> i'm strongly in favor of doing this unless a good argument against it is made

Looks saner even if too much exploitable... I won't like elephant packet
in metadata.

> 6. finalization packets
All for it.

> 7. removing m$ & apple header support
All for it

> 8. codec id for raw (uncompressed) formats
>
> michael and i both agreed each raw format should have a separate id
> i think others agree too
> what remains? making a table of ids
>
> 9. stick with fourcc/twocc system or improve/replace it?
>
> i raised the question
> no proposals yet
Isn't it related to 8 and 5?

lu