[MPlayer-dev-eng] Small ao_jack patch

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Thu Oct 7 10:45:35 CEST 2004

D Richard Felker III wrote:

>On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 09:40:02PM +0100, Ed Wildgoose wrote:
>

>>Ed Wildgoose wrote:
>>

>>>Hi, I will be doing a bit of tweaking to the Jack output layer shortly
>>>(now that my system is pretty much Jackified now!).
>>>

>>Hmm, interesting.  Just noticed that when you run with "-ao jack
>>-channels 4" then every time you fast forward, the front channels
>>alternately get mixed in with the rear channels, then back to normal,
>>then mixed in again, back to normal, etc... Anyone got any theories on
>>this one...?  It's not like the change of driver looks significant...?
>>

>libaf really REALLY sucks. this type of bug happens all the time with
>channels>2. the only fix is to rip out that crap and replace it with
>something with proper design, where all buffer positions are in
>samples, not bytes.

Aha!  Good clue!  So you think that I am seeing something like a 32bit
to 16bit mismatch, or something else where byte counting is failing...
Interesting.  Gives me somewhere to look anyway, thanks!  (Interesting
that it doesn't happen with the Alsa output driver on the same file...)

Thanks for the tip

Ed W