[MPlayer-dev-eng] XviD 1.1.x support

Arpi arpi at mplayerhq.hu
Sat Oct 2 12:21:23 CEST 2004

Hi,

> Le sam 02/10/2004 à 02:05, Diego Biurrun a écrit :
> > Guillaume POIRIER writes:
> > Cosmetic changes are generally frowned upon and only allowed under
> > special circumstances.  Synching with external libraries is one of
> > them, though.
>
> Ok, so given that XviD is an external lib, am I right to understand that
> this allows exceptional cosmetics... right?

no!

at least afaik xvid lib isnt yet imported to mplayer cvs tree.
(and it shouldnt be, before you ask...)

cosmetics only allowed (better word: accepted) if you update some
libs in cvs tree to be sync with its mainstream source (the external
lib). examples: libmpeg2, loader
they are developed outside mplayer, and mplayer tree has a fork of
them with our mplayer-specific or rejected-by-their-authors changes.

> He's probably hanging out with top models, which in contrast make C code
> much less appealing ;-p

rotfl

A'rpi / MPlayer, Astral & ESP-team

--
MPlayer's new image: happiness & peace & cosmetics & vmiklos