[MPlayer-dev-eng] tremor vs libvorbis, include tremor in main/

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Tue Nov 30 12:14:49 CET 2004

D Richard Felker III wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 11:22:10AM -0500, compn wrote:
>
>><dalias> - tremor is a pain to compile yourself because of broken distro/build system (svn/automake only)
>><dalias> - tremor is not packaged in most distros
>><dalias> - tremor is MUCH faster than libvorbis
>><dalias> - rich supports including it in mplayer cvs :)
>>
>>[11:18] <dalias> btw tremor also has a compiletime option for quality/speed tradeoff
>>[11:19] <dalias> this option should be duplicated in mplayer configure
>>[11:19] <dalias> or maybe we could even make it into a runtime option somehow
>>
>>http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/Tremor/
>>
>>comments?
>

> since the context seems to be missing, we were discussing including
> tremor (possibly modified, eventually optimized) in main mplayer cvs.

Just for your information, the trunk version uses a different API, so it
will not link with mplayer and would probably require nontrivial changes
of demux_ogg (proven by contradiction, as trivial changes didn't make it
work for me :) ). Release 1.0 looks ok at first sight of its include
files, I'll try to work on it tonight.

The files are here:

http://svn.xiph.org/tags/tremor_public_release_1_0/Tremor/

--