[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer-1.0pre4 and Direct Show Problem

Onur Kucuk onur at delipenguen.net
Tue Nov 23 23:08:08 CET 2004

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:27:46 +0200
"S.Çağlar Onur" <caglar at uludag.org.tr> wrote:

> Hi;
>
> If MPlayer-1.0pre4 tries to open "Microsoft ASF" file while system in
> tr_TR.UTF-8 locale, it crashes with segmentation fault and can't play
> it properly. But changing locale to "C" before run mplayer solves this
> problem.
>
> This problem exists also in wine, and mplayer uses wine libraries to
> call directshow decoder [ I'm not sure other decoders like quicktime
> have that problem, ill test as soon as possible ].

 Pre-4 is a bit old but the problem still exists in current cvs.

 The case also happens when loading other external libs/codecs which has
problematic characters (quicktime family etc.)

--
 Onur Kucuk                                      Knowledge speaks,
 <onur.--.-.delipenguen.net>                     but wisdom listens