[MPlayer-dev-eng] How to calculate pts with pulldown/telecine ?

Arpi arpi at mplayerhq.hu
Sun Nov 21 21:32:58 CET 2004

Hi,

> At the moment for every frame "n" I store the fps reported by mencoder
> (in this case
> either 23.976 or 29.97) and in the demuxer I set the pts of frame "n+1" as
>
> duration(n) = 1/fps(n)
> pts(n+1) = pts(n)+duration(n)
>
> but in this case I see that audio and video get quickly out of sync.

wrong.
set fps in mpeg headers to 29.97, and when mencoder reports 24fps input
then set the repeat-first-field flag of every second frame too.

anyway its all big hack, the automatic fps overriding should be disabled
when coding to mpeg.

A'rpi / MPlayer, Astral & ESP-team

--
Girls are like internet domain names, the ones I like are already taken.