[MPlayer-dev-eng] Release... How about it?

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Thu Nov 18 07:24:04 CET 2004

Ivan Kalvachev wrote ( On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 09:03:40AM +0200 ):
> On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:09:43 +0100
> Alexander Strasser <eclipse7 at gmx.net> wrote:
> > Would like to have a colorkeying change for xv and xvmc (will send a
> > patch next days) and apply the GUI fixes before. Otherwise I think a
> > release is a good idea.
>
> I think we should delay this as it may cause another issues with window managers.
> Even as it uses my code I still treat this stuff as experimental and we should
> avoid including new things.
>
> How about to consider current cvs as frozen and only bugfixes to be allowed?

I think this is a good idea, but consider that the colorkeying change also fixes
bugs ( the original intention of it, captnmark's patch ). The bug should be
also very easy visible when using the GUI with vo xv playing a video and then
pressing enter to restart it, the movie plays back from start but is not visible
until you e.g. move the video window.

  Alex (beastd)