[MPlayer-dev-eng] How to access svn://svn.videolan.org

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Tue Nov 16 13:58:07 CET 2004

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 10:27:16AM +0000, Hemantha Kodikara Arachchi wrote:
> I am new to this mailing list and the mplayer. I am interested in
> working with the x264 player. But I don't know how to access the
> following file:
> > svn co svn://svn.videolan.org/x264/trunk x264 --revision 26
> Which browser can I used to access this site? I tried with IE but end
> up with the error message 'The page you are looking for might have
> been removed or had its name changed.' To be honest, I know nothing
> about the 'svn' protocol.

It is subversion which is a revision controll system, like CVS.
It requires an svn "client" like you also need additional software
to access cvs: this is NOT a service which can be used by a regular
web browser (though svn over http protocol for example uses webdav,
but the DAV ability of a regular web browser only allows to browse
the current version of files and lacks other features as well needed
even for a simple checkout). See: http://subversion.tigris.org

- Gábor (larta'H)