[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fast OpenGL playback

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Mon Nov 15 10:32:32 CET 2004

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 15:19:40 -0500, D Richard Felker III
<dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> you need to use the sum or both. with different vo's, the time will
> get spent in different places. vesa definitely uses a LOT more cpu
> time than vidix or even xv (with a proper xv driver) because it has to
> do colorspace conversion.

Are there known issues with the xv support in the savage driver (Xorg)?

I'm seeing poor performance on a 1Ghz machine with a savage chip and
the "savage" driver. Much better performance on a 1Ghz machine with a
CLE266 Unichrome chip and the "via" driver.

Dermot.