[MPlayer-dev-eng] autoexpand patch

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sat Nov 13 00:45:54 CET 2004

On Friday, 12 November 2004 at 22:42, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Thursday, 11 November 2004 at 11:40, jan gregor wrote:
> [...]
> > I'm attaching patch to vf_expand.c which works like suggested above.
> > If there is likely going to be image corruption, filter prints out a
> > warning. This happens when area after aspect "expansion" is smaller than
> > original movie.
> > Suggestions are welcome.
>
> Not thoroughly tested, but it works for me in a few basic cases (like -vf
> expand=640:::::4/3).

On closer look it doesn't work right. With the above setting, it expands
my 640x272 AVI with 2.35 aspect to 640x479 and it messes up my DVD:
-vf 1024:::::4/3 gives me 1456x768 from 720x576, aspect 16/9 movie.
Sorry, it's broken.

R.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer/