[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fast OpenGL playback

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Tue Nov 9 23:53:01 CET 2004

> The three GLs are, as I by now expect, the slowest (barring CACA, which
> isn't that serious a VO method). XVIDIX is slightly faster than X11,
> which is slightly faster than CVIDIX; AAlib is faster than all of those.

From your mails I am assuming that you are using an nvidia card.
Is there another vidix driver that has issues with colorkeying?
Try the vidix drivers with -nocolorkey. Note that xvidix and cvidix should
give
identical results. The only difference is that xvidix displays a window while
cvidix doesnt. In case you are really using an nvidia card also try -vf
format=yuy2 -dr or -vf yuy2 -dr
I'm afraid that the vidix issues probably won't go away with -nocolorkey.
Seems like we are still missing a few register for the initialization of newer
cards.

Sascha