[MPlayer-dev-eng] Demuxer not choosing correct audio track in recent cvs

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Mon Nov 8 11:32:42 CET 2004

I'm experiencing a problem with recent cvs always choosing what seems to
be the first audio track in an mpeg VOB file.  mplayer does spot all the
audio tracks, but compared with the last release it doesn't seem to
choose the (in my case) english audio track.  Based on a little
observation, it in fact seems to just be picking the first audio track
identified. (I can manually select the correct track ok)

I think I have located the relevant code in libmpdemux/demux_mpg.c and
demuxer.c.  However, I can't quite see where the audio selection code
is?  Can someone please offer some pointers on how this stuff works?  If
anyone remembers breaking it, then thoughts on how to fix it would also
be appreciated...?

Thanks for any pointers

Ed W