[MPlayer-dev-eng] autoexpand patch

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Nov 4 10:50:07 CET 2004

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 09:37:14AM +0100, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> Hi,
> jan gregor wrote:
> >>it would probably be better to make arguments to vf_expand to do this.
> >>why? so you can take advantage of existing code rather than
> >>duplicating, especially the stuff like slices and osd drawing.
> >

> >Nothing useful came to my mind, how to distinguish between whether
> >specifying expanded image resolution or aspect of the expanded window,
> >so I have created new filter. If someone gives me a clue, how to do this
> >without breaking curent -vf expand=w:h:x:y:o syntax, I will gladly alter
> >vf_expand.c directly to add this feature (IMHO it is better solution).
>
> It might seem like a hack, but how about just just using the "w" value
> as a decimal value?
> For instance, -vf expand=1.33 would expand to a 4:3 ratio aspect...
>
> How about that?

it's a pain. it could allow fraction (4/3, etc.) and that might be
more useful.

another option is to make autoexpand a separate "filter", but using
the same source file, just a different open() function and everything
else the same. so vf_expand.c would export two filter definition
structs almost identical...

rich