[MPlayer-dev-eng] ./configure options to disable architecture and processor specific optimisations

J. Grant jg-lists at jguk.org
Mon May 31 16:39:56 CEST 2004

Hi,

I would like to be able to configure without CPU and Architecture
specific optimisations.  To avoid for instance the following on each cc
command etc:
-march=athlon-tbird -mcpu=athlon-tbird

I propose to add to configure some functionality:

Advanced options:
   --disable-architecture-specific-optimisations
   --disable-cpu-specific-optimisations

This would mean the resulting mplayer/mencoder was built with the
standard optimisations only.  I would set it so that the default
behavior was not changed.

I can create a patch to change this if you would accept this change.
Please let me know if you would like a patch, then I create and submit
for review.

Kind regards

JG