[MPlayer-dev-eng] informations about NUT

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue May 25 20:05:07 CEST 2004

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 06:57:16PM +0200, Marco Penno wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm currently studying your draft NUT because I think it could be useful
> for our project, Open Media Streaming (http://streaming.polito.it/).
> Unfortunately, I haven't found much material on it on your websites,
> except mpcf.txt. Have you got
> updated code and/or more detailed information on it?

Glad to hear you're interested in it. Unfortunately we don't have any
more info written up right now, but we're quickly preparing for an
"official release". I'm sure it's confusing trying to make sense of it
from just the mpcf.txt spec, which describes the structure of a nut
file quite well but doesn't explain the motivations & principles at
all, nor give an overview of how one goes about reading and writing
nut files. If you have particular questions (or even a general area)
you'd like to have answered or explained, I'll do my best to reply and
answer or write up a doc covering it.

Rich