[MPlayer-dev-eng] adding AIFF

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Fri May 21 23:16:54 CEST 2004

On 2004.05.21 18:43, Jake Luck wrote:

> I noticed that AIFF is not currently supported by Mplayer. I looked
True. i started looking at it in the past, but then i solved my problem
in other ways and never finished it. If you want to add it fell free to
do it, add it to demux_audio.c takeing the wav code as an example.

> at
> the
> OpenQuicktime "twos" codec that VLC uses. It appears to have problems
> with
> decoding audio at the proper speed. Is anyone currently working on
> this? I
do you mean VLC or mplayer? mplayer have speed problems on twos, i
added a patch to fix them in the past, but it broke other stream.
Probably the problem have to be fixed at demuxer level, not at codec
level.

> would rather help than just duplicate the effort case something is
> already
> in progress.
have a look at sh_audio->ds->ss_div and ss_mul, they are the key to it.
i'm trying to fix the same problem for alaw/ulaw/mace too.
there are different version of qt headers, the newest have the data to
fill div and mul automatically, for the older ones you have to fill it
depending on codec parameters.

I'll try to be more detailed when i'll submit the patch for alaw/ulaw.

> jake

Ciao,
 Roberto