[MPlayer-dev-eng] udp/mpeg2-ts streaming

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Thu May 20 15:32:01 CEST 2004

On Thu, 20 May 2004 15:14:38 +0200, Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at tiscali.it> wrote:

> A:   7.7 V:   7.2 A-V:  0.468 ct:  0.172   53/ 53  38% 26% 78.6% 49 0
> 0%
>                                                           ^^^^^^
> this is the percentage of CPU used by the  audio codec: 78.6% vs 1.8%.
> How can it be so high? Maybe a timing problem/PTS mismatch?
> It's becoming an interesting issue, worth investigating :)

I don't know how it can be so high, but my instincts were telling
me that it was audio related, hence upgrading to fc2 with alsa and
trying the sdl audio output, which has improved matters fairly
significantly.

At an earlier stage on a pii-400, I was getting "too many video
packets for this buffer" message, and traced through the demuxing.

It wasn't clear to me, but it was demuxing audio data.

I'm not sure where next to look for this.

demux_ts ?

or the audio codecs themselves?

Dermot.