[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: libfaad2 updates

adland adland123 at yahoo.com
Sun May 9 00:16:52 CEST 2004

> All samples play fine for me under Linux, with and without Rich's patch.
>
> (Where do I have to add the fixed-point define?)

it is added in the Makefile for libfaad2 as a compile option

with fixed point CFLAGS  = -I. $(OPTFLAGS) -DFIXED_POINT
without Fixed point CFLAGS  = -I. $(OPTFLAGS)

> It does not compile for me on Cygwin/MinGW, though:
> In file included from common.h:367,
>                  from bits.c:28:
> /usr/include/math.h:227: error: conflicting types for `lrintf'
> common.h:334: error: previous declaration of `lrintf'

can comment line 367 in common.h
//#include <math.h>
I forgot to do that in the 2.0 patch as before.

> Another thing that made me wonder is our FAAD version check in
> configure:
> Checking for FAAD2 version ... 2.0 RC1
> Hmm.

looking at the configure script
I think it is more about just checking that there is a version defined
if it passes the not to old check

this needs to be updated in libfaad2/faad.h
#define FAAD2_VERSION "2.0"
if you want another version printed in configure output

by the way faad.h is part of mplayer code.
build works with those changes.