[MPlayer-dev-eng] PATCH RFC frameno options with cdsize

Jan Gutter jan at ist.co.za
Mon May 3 18:11:12 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 16:52, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Hi,
> I can't really comment, but while you're waiting for a reply (developers
> are currently a bit overloaded :-( ), there is a little thing you should
> change in your patch:
> don't change the indentation of otherwise unchanged lines (even if it
> makes the code harder to read). This makes it hard to track changes in
> CVS (e.g. for bug-finding).

I'm in no great hurry, so this patch can really take a looooong while to
get in (if ever!). Look, I wholeheartedly agree on the indentation-level
thing if it would make the patch smaller (which it would!) and make CVS
bug tracking easier. The only reason that it "looks" like the
indentation is changed is because that's the fallback or "legacy"
method. If I had my way, I'd drop all of those lines except one (700Mb)
and put in a printf to say that -frameno cdsize=size is now available.

The reason I'm not doing that is because: 1) It might break scripts. 2)
The change might be too much, so moving incrementally might be better.
3) Internationalization might step in (the message needs to be
translated to n languages).

So, if the indentation-level-changing is a problem, I vote for the
removal of all those extraneous lines and adding an informational
message instead.

Personally, I'm lazy, so I'll take the one with the least work!

Jan Gutter